In this questionnaire, you need to include:
- “What the aim is
- Who is it for?
- What do you want to find out?
- Who visits museums?
- How often?
- What makes you want to go?
- How would you target them?
- I video an affective or of communication for this audience?
- Where should the video of to increase awareness?”
- The aim is to promote the museum to the public, so making the questions based on this will help us make the video
- Make it suitable for anyone so that anyone can answer it and you get a good range of peoples answers
- Not too many open-ended questions, because then you can’t put them in graphs etc
- Age ranges (not specific e.g. 16, 23), because people feel like it’s a very personal question
- Name can be allowed but if it’s a touchy questionnaire then make it anonymous
- Be polite so that the audience feels comfortable answering the questions
- Be ready for rejection, because not everyone will want to be questioned
- Quick questions, to not take up too much of their time
- Open-ended questions so that you can get peoples opinions about the subject
Link to my survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LBTX5HC
Link to my voxpop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX8UeDbVWyM
- You need to know exactly what you’re going to find out before you start the research.
- Google is always a good starting point!
- Always use well known sites, ie. public databases, government sites, online magazines, company and university pages.
- You’re looking for both quantitive and qualitative data!
- ..especially qualitative, peoples opinions.
- General information about the museum
- How to get there
- Weather forecast
- TripAdvisor of the museum